Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 28, 2009

Almost time for the ghosts and goblins to roam the streets. Not much in the way of pictures this week since we didn't take the camera anywhere with us. But we will steal an idea from Sheri and Bruno and use a face from our vegetable harvest.
Not sure why I didn't get a post up this past weekend. The time just slipped on by. Jo and I were both up very early on Saturday. Jo jumped on the computer to do some initial planning for our 2010 trip to New Orleans and as a result I got busy doing other things. The weather was raining on Saturday so after our usual lifting and shopping chores we came home and mostly puttered. Jo read a little, napped, did some work for Pfizer - things are beginning to heat up now that the merger is finalized - and napped some more. I mostly read and napped (I think there was more napping than reading since reading kept making me sleepy). Not sure where the whole day went, but before I knew it, it was gone. We went out into the wet weather to enjoy dinner at the Old Lyme Inn with Deb and Rich, and Mary and Dave. Everyone had something to celebrate which was nice - Deb got a new job post-merger, and Mary and Jo were celebrating October birthdays. For those tracking shifts in cultural norms - which is probably all of us really - the three girls sat around dinner discussing work most of the evening while the three guys discussed just about anything but work. What a great change, since I'm fully behind being a stay-at-home house keeper whenever I finally get Jo to sign off on that.

Sunday dawned bright and non-rainy which allowed us to get out for a run before yoga. Then it was into the yard to tackle the built up chores that we aren't getting around to. We worked on our path up to our garden and then moved one of the pathways in our garden to try and maximize the growing space that actually gets sunlight. Also started a little planning for our 2010 garden - since the perfect growing season is always just around the corner. Trying to decide if we need to remove a few more trees to increase the available sunlight. I'm sure it would help, but I hate removing trees from our forest. In the afternoon, it was grass mowing and removing the built up leaves. We then had to call it quits early as I needed to travel to our new Princeton facility for a week of meetings with our new Pfizer/legacy Wyeth colleagues. Meanwhile, Jo packed up for a whirlwind visit of the Pfizer sites in four states - Collegeville, PA on Monday, Peapack, NJ on Tuesday, the home office in New York on Wednesday, and then back home to CT on Thursday. I'm not sure how she keeps up the energy to travel like she does every week. I was only gone Sunday to today at one location and I'm exhausted.

We are looking forward to watching the Phillies/Yankees baseball games but we'll have to root for the Phillies due to our long time in the Philadelphia area (plus I'm a National League fan - comes from rooting for the Cubs as a child).

No comments:

Post a Comment