Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Off to New York

I'll start with the disappointment that Wisconsin once again couldn't win the Rose Bowl game.  It certainly was an exciting game with ups and downs on both sides. The real plus was that Jo had the day after New Year's off and was able to spend the day relaxing, which as you can see she is doing quite well.  We also took advantage of the warm weather for a nice walk around the block before settling in for the game.  After the game is was time to begin preparing to go back to reality as Jo had a nice 5 day break from work and I didn't do any painting during the holidays.  Tuesday morning came way to fast.

The rest of last week was pretty quiet for for me as Joann packed her bags and headed to New York for most of the week.  She was excited as it has been a while for a business trip for her and she so likes getting on the road to sleep in hotel beds (I think it is mostly the free shampoo and soap that gets her heart racing about business travel).  The occasion was the east regional meeting for Northwestern Mutual.  This was a chance for her to get to know the product line better along with meeting more of the sales representatives who sell the product.  She had a good time as she was able to find a little time to meet up with several old Pfizer friends as well as take in a show - leading to the pictures of Samuel Jackson and Angela Bassett.  She also took a little time to walk around some of her favorite spots in New York including seeing the progress on the World Trade Center site.  She topped off her trip with a visit to Westport, CT to see Barb and Mike for dinner on Saturday along with a trip down to be sure the Long Island sound is still there since we left.

What did I do while Jo was off traipsing around New York - I painted.  With Jo gone it was an excellent time to tackle the master bedroom.  This room seemed to be spawning cracks and therefore took multiple days to get it prepped before I could even begin to paint.  But it is all done now and most importantly we finally have a light fixture that throws enough light to read by in the room.  Next up on my painting list - since I know you are keeping track - is to finish off the two 2nd floor bathrooms.  The little time I wasn't painting I got some reading done and worked on a new computer game - one of my Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment