Monday, October 1, 2012

Visit to Quincy

It is official, Joann's college roommate got married for the first time this weekend in Jo's hometown of Quincy, IL.  We took a long weekend to go back and visit with some of her friends and relatives while enjoying seeing some of her old haunts.  Quincy has changed a bit since my last visit which was almost 10 years ago.  Seems to be more traffic and new houses are up where there just used to be corn fields.  The most amazing thing to me with the growth was how Jo's old house, which used to be on the outskirts of town when I first started dating Jo, now seems to be solidly in the middle of town.  The wedding was a very nice affair and it was great to see how happy they both where.  Also, nice to see that Jo's childhood home, that her Dad built himself, is still in great shape - unlike my childhood home in IL which was torn down (not because of me living there I should add - although it might be due to my brother or sister living there, but you would have to check with them to be sure).  Weather was perfect all weekend, cool and crisp in the mornings with lots of sunshine throughout the day.  Made our morning runs through downtown Quincy enjoyable.

That is now two weddings in September, must be something in the air.  Not too much news for the rest of the week as we both did our usual things.  Chores and cleaning for me and work, work, work for Jo.  Jo did get her flu shot which left a nice bruise on her arm for a couple of days - but then Jo bruises easier than a ripe peach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment