Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Badgers come close

To pick up from my New Year's day post, we spent the afternoon
watching the Rose Bowl.  Even though we had our Wisconsin flag proudly flying in the front of the house, the Badger's weren't able to beat Stanford although they played a great game.  We watched up to half-time at home and then quickly drove over to the Bradley center to watch the remainder of the game.  We were there to take in the Marquette/UConn basketball game which was the opening of the Big East season.  While our Badger's disappointed, the Marquette team hung on to win a nail biter in overtime with the highlight being Marquette tying up the game during regulation play with a three pointer at the buzzer.  We were using the suite at the Bradley center with Jo hosting several of her HR team there and it was good to meet a few more of her team - although, I will admit I was a bit pre-occupied with the Rose Bowl game.

Wednesday was back to work for both of us, worse for Jo than me - I'll admit.  Jo had to remember all her work passwords and struggle through several meetings.  I just had to clean up the house from our holiday break.  This did mean the Christmas tree and decorations came down this week, which left the house looking empty and somewhat plain without all the decorations.  We managed to make it through the short week and spent Friday night planning some of our 2013 vacations and Jo getting ready for a trip to New York city for a regional meeting. 

Jo flew out Saturday morning but not before we got a nice run in and I spent the rest of the day just goofing off.  I read some in one of my new Christmas books and spent some time napping - which often comes married to my reading lately.  The evening I was, naturally for a Wisconsin resident, glued to the TV watching the Packers get through the first round of the NFL playoffs.  Today, I got out to enjoy the warmer temperatures we are experiencing after the bitter cold around New Year's for a run and then headed to the basement to work on some of the pots we threw earlier in the week.  Then it is back to my book, which is a three volume set on the battle for Stalingrad in WW2.

No comments:

Post a Comment