Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Time to use the Snow Blower

We had our first snowfall, of many I'm sure, that required getting out the old, trusty snow blower.  We are having quite the introduction to winter this year as our December has been frosty and snowy.  I already have a pile 4 feet high in the front yard where I push the driveway snow and given that in Wisconsin the snow doesn't melt until April it could mount up to quite a snow hill by the end of the season.  But I did enjoy getting out in the cold and throwing some snow around.

I skipped writing anything last week, so I'll catch up a bit.  We attend a local production of Les Mis on the 6th with our friends, Tim and Rosalie, and were amazed by the quality of singing and the stage production.  While we have seen the Broadway version multiple times, Jo and I both thought this compared quite well especially since many of the actors were from the local area.  Before the show we enjoyed a nice dinner at Benelux although the walk to dinner and back to the theater was bit nippy since it was only 3 degrees at the time.

The rest of that weekend we pretty much hibernated except for doing a little decorating around the house and getting our Christmas letters into the mail.  Jo is in her year-end fun at work with making sure the performance process is running smoothly as well as doing them for her direct reports.  And yes, I'm still waiting for mine from her - I'm hoping for at least a meets expectations, maybe if I'm lucky an exceeds.  We'll see.

The only other fun event worth noting was my saga of getting a splinter that got buried into my finger surgically removed.  This involved three doctor visits, an X-ray (don't ask), and three stitches all for a piece of wood about one mm in size.  My advice, if you think you got a splinter dig it out right away it will save you a fortune in doctor bills down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment