Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Not So Warm Time After Christmas

I realize that if you are going to live in Wisconsin (of for that matter any of the farther northern states) that you shouldn't complain about the winters.  But when you don't have a garden to fill blog posts with, you might as well as use the weather.  Since we got home, to say that the weather has been challenging is an understatement.  We haven't really broke ten degrees in the last ten days (ok, there were a couple of 11's and 12's, but I'm a scientist, I'm allowed to round down).  But Santa was nice by providing me new winter gear along with hand, feet, and sole warmers I should manage to make it through another winter season.

Jo took off the week between Christmas and New Years and we filled it with a couple of trips to Madison for basketball games (both wins - yeah!), watching football games (Badgers won the Orange Bowl - yeah), and general goofing off around home.  Oh, almost forgot to add - shoveling snow as we had a couple of one inch snowfalls just to keep the snow shoveling muscles in shape.  We squeezed in a trip to the Art Museum to see the latest exhibit - good exhibit showing the evolution of art from around the impressionist period up to surrealism.  I did discover, the cubism and surrealism really don't appeal to my sense of art - I guess I want people and things to look like people and things.  Not random blocks with an occasional eye thrown in.  It does make me wonder if people that did cubism needed stronger medicine to control the visions their minds were seeing.  The attached photo is looking out on the frozen bay off of Lake Michigan from the museum.

While we were in Madison we had Christmas number 2 exchanging gifts with Kathy and John.  We both received great gifts (two highly desired books and wifi extender for me, nice top for Jo).  We also got to catch up a little with our niece and nephew who were enjoying a bit of a break from their teaching jobs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment