Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Isn't it Spring?

That time of the year when the daffodils and tulips begin to push up through the frozen ground, the birds are starting to sing in the trees again, and everyone begins to look forward to another spring.  Well not today!  I woke up to an inch or two of snow on the ground and roadways.  Which led to another round of shoveling, although I am hopeful it will be the last one for the season.  While snow is not unexpected in April, it isn't particularly welcome.  I know that April showers bring May flowers, but I generally expect my precipitation to come in the liquid not frozen form.  Well there is always next week to hope for warmer temps.  Fortunately, Jo is in Miami enjoying warm walks along the beach and while she says she wishes she was with me, I'm a bit skeptical given the weather differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment