Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Friends and Family

With the weather finally turning warm, even though it was 50 degrees the other day, I hopped down to Lake Geneva to join John in helping him get his boat ready for another season of boating.  This is an annual event and it is always nice to catch up with John and get a spin around the lake before everyone is out making waves on it.  Although the weather was a bit uncooperative, we kept having occasional sprinkles/downpours, it still was a relaxing way to spend the day.

Over the weekend, Jo headed for a haircut and decided to go back to fairly short hair - unfortunately, I took the picture before here haircut, you can see here shorter locks in the photo below.  I don't know why but I'm a big fan of short hair and her new do looks great - in my opinion.  Plus it seems a lot easier for her to care for in the morning.  We also headed up to nearby Atwater Park to partake in the Shorewood Men's club (can't believe they still have that) chicken roast.  Few meals beat a good roasted chicken plus since we walked there and back, I'm sure it was calorie neutral.

Sunday we headed down to Aurora, IL for a family gathering.  Our nephew and niece invited the WI, IL, and IN family members for lunch.  While not everyone in those states could make it, it was nice hearing all the latest news from everyone and we got to see Derek and Jessica's neat old house.  I thought my house was old, cranky, and unique until I saw theirs.  It was built somewhere around 1870 - back when they really took their time to build homes correctly.   As an example, they have solid walnut pocket doors that still operate smoothly - I've seen houses only a few years old where the pocket doors already stick.  Anyway, we had a great meal, good conversation, and even the Chicago traffic even cooperated without any major traffic tie-ups.


No comments:

Post a Comment