Monday, August 19, 2019

Pretty Cool Wildlife

I spent a week with my folks in New Mexico and got treated to a visit from their local bobcat.  It came right up to the kitchen window to check me out and I managed to snap a few photos before it bounded up on the roof of their house.  Needless to say, Dad wasn't too happy with it using the roof of their house as transit point.  Gorgeous cat and certainly one of the highlights of the trip along with my birthday of Mexican food and sopapillas.  Got home just in time to be picked up my Jo at Midway airport as we headed to a wedding at Notre Dame University.  On our way to Notre Dame we stopped at the Indiana Dunes part of which was just made a national park.  We had a fun afternoon hiking through the dunes, filling our shoes with sand, and as part of my theme for the week, catching some wildlife watching me.  We did point out the raccoon ransacking the trash to a park ranger who said - oh yeah, they love to do that and we can't get funding for raccoon proof trash cans.  Then promptly went back to packing her car. 

This was our first visit to Notre Dame and it certainly is a lovely campus.  Seemed very peaceful and serene - which of course, A) you would expect somewhat as it wasn't in session and B) it is Notre Dame which I think has to be serene and peaceful.  Anyway, it was a nice wedding and Jo got to catch up with a lot of her Quincy relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment