Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010

I was lazy yesterday so the post this week is a little late.  Pretty calm week for me except for the weather over last weekend causing a few water leaks which meant I spent four days repainting the ceiling in the living room and dining room.  Fortunately, it all looks as good as new and I spent a few hours caulking around the outside to try to keep it from happening again.  Although, I wasn't able to find any large gaping holes in which water was obviously seeping into the house so who knows if I was successful.

I spent the week continuing to clean up old items from my last job as I wait for my new boss to be identified.  It may be another couple of weeks so I'm going to be scrambling some to find useful things to do for Pfizer.  Whereas Jo had no problem finding useful things to do as she was off to China for the week to meet with her Asian HR team.  She had a great set of meetings and got to enjoy the local culture, a few tourist sites (which contributed to our photo montage this week - Jo standing in Tiananmen Square, the great wall - yes it was cold in China - and you just got to love the sign), and the food.  She also got to experience the heavy smog in Beijing as she described most days as hazy - even when the sun was shining.

My evenings were spent watching some college basketball and working on rehabbing my shoulder.  Which is coming along nicely although it still doesn't like to be rolled onto when I sleep which I have found over the last 3 weeks I do a lot (another fun fact I have learned, apparently I always roll over clockwise - don't ask me how I discovered that fun fact, but it has a lot to do with waking up repeatedly when I roll around).  The weekend provided glorious weather which I used to do the above mentioned caulking along with continuing prep work in the garden - and yes, you are about to hear 4 months of blogs on the trials and tribulations of our garden, so just get prepared.  Joann arrived home late Saturday night so we spent Sunday around the house with Jo and I catching up on some much needed sleep.  Then it was off to prepare for another week of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment