Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3, 2010

I should have put this post up on Saturday in celebration of May Day - although I'm not entirely clear why May 1 is so special, kind of makes June and April feel left out.  I am a day late since Jo and I were somewhat worn out from our activities on Saturday and I just couldn't seem to manage the energy required to write my blog yesterday. 

We did have some interesting animal sitings this week.  Saw this butterfly just sitting on our back wall last week and, for the first time in over a year (or two) Jo saw a coyote come through the yard.  We would have had a better picture but the camera battery ran out just as Jo was trying to get a good photo.  I will say though, that with Madison no longer with us, Jo is a whole lot calmer and more appreciative of the coyote's visit and beauty. 

Most of the week was fairly usual - work, Jo in New York for a day, running and lifting.  I'm still waiting to get fully engaged in my new role, but my new boss is back from his vacation so there is hope something might happen soon.  Jo continues to be busy with her group in working through the Wyeth integration pieces that HR needs to help with along with implementing various other changes within HR, although it hasn't caused as much world travel as last year. 

For the weekend, we completed moving all of our chipped mulch up to the garden and on the pathway to the garden - notice how beautiful it now looks.  It would be great if it wouldn't all disappear in another 12-14 months.  This coupled with usual chores of grass mowing, weeding the garden, and tending to the front flower beds left both of us ready for rest and relaxation.  We entertained Bruno and Sheri for dinner - fettucine with walnuts and feta sauce and a wonderful walnut tart for dessert (walnuts were the theme for the dinner in case you were wondering) - and then a couple of rousing games of Mille Bornes.  Sunday after our morning run and yoga we just puttered.  Jo went for a nice bike ride to enjoy the warm weather while I took some cuttings from our forsythia to root some new bushes for the bed by the mailbox.  Was a relaxing day capped off with a wonderful dinner of pasta with scallops and broccoli.  Since we had left over walnut tart we chose not to head to Dairy Queen - I do like my blizzards!

We are both in town this week which always a pleasure to have Jo for an entire 5 days.  Weather is turning warm and our early vegetable crops are almost up enough to be featured in next week's photo montage.

No comments:

Post a Comment