Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The rest of our week

As you might imagine our weekend was dominated by the news about Jo's sister and helping to arrange the myriad of details that need addressing with someones passing.  In some ways this was a blessing as it provided us strong planners with something to focus on instead of the grief we were feeling.  Prior to the weekend, our week was focused on our usual pursuits of working, exercise, and food.

I completed my work this week on patching and painting all the newly formed cracks in the house.  I remain amazed at the number of these that had formed over the last 18 months since I did this last.  But I believe it is just what you must expect with an old plaster and lath house.  Hopefully, the ones I fixed won't reoccur for at least 24 months - probably wishful thinking on my part.  Jo was focused on completing her yearly performance reviews and held the last of them this last week.  I still remember what a great feeling of accomplishment it was when all those were done for another year - although I certainly don't miss giving them or getting one at all!

Our only other big piece of news this week was getting another 6 inches of snow.  We are now at about 15 inches for February and since it has been so cold it is all still laying around.  I'm not used to living somewhere where the snows doesn't completely melt between snowfalls.  It is starting to get challenging to find places to throw the new snow since the old has piled up so much.  But I am getting lots of opportunities to use my snow blower and you know how that just brings a smile to my face and a warms my heart (and yes, I still can't explain why I like seeing snow being thrown so much.  It might have to do with the neat lines a snow blower makes along the edges of the driveway.  It might be that I'm just a little bit squirrely).  With the new snow we managed to get out for a little bit of cross country skiing on Friday night.  Afterwards it was home to enjoy the last of the Papa Del's pizza (the 3 large pizza's we brought home from U of I in October lasted all the way to here) we had frozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment