Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I can see my grass

We have had a dramatic temperature swing since last week.  One week ago we were experiencing wind chills of -15° and today we are expecting to hit 50°.  The best thing is that the entire week has been warm and I can finally see the grass in the front yard for the first time since December.  The back yard is still covered since it doesn't get quite as much sun, but I'm hopeful by the weekend.

We had a quiet week and weekend.  Jo traveled to Phoenix for two days for her final regional meeting for the year.  I decided to stay home since it was such a short visit and spent the time working in the pottery studio.  I fired up our pug mill for the first time and after several starts and stops figured out how to use it successfully to extrude clay already for throwing.  I then used our new slab roller which made making flat, even sheets of clay a breeze.  While there is a bit more clean up involved with the new equipment, it really streamlines the preparation of the clay.  Plus you get to play with fun, mechanical equipment.

Saturday we went over to the University of WI-Milwaukee's theater to watch a free showing of Birdman.  Thank goodness it was free, this was not a movie for me as my analysis was it started weird, stayed weird in the middle, and ended even weirder.  But then I'm not really a deep thinker when it comes to movies and the message/plot my have just escaped me.  Sunday we took in an Admirals hockey game along with some of Jo's HR team.  We continued our bad luck for the Admirals as they lost the game 5-1.   But we had the Badger's basketball game on in the suite and got to see them win against Ohio State so it all balances out - I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment