Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Trip to New Mexico

I spent last week visiting my parents in New Mexico.  As usual, this meant finding as many opportunities to eat Mexican food and sopapillas as possible in four days.  There is just something about the combination of cheese, tortillas, more cheese, sour cream, more cheese, and some meat or beans that hits the palate.  As we drove in from the airport I had to chuckle, yet again, at the apparent distaste that New Mexico has for my home state as the ENDWI signs were still up.  Nice to know that they are enlisting help and aren't tried to end Wisconsin all on their own.  I know this is to help curb drunk driving, something Wisconsin could really use a serious effort on, but it still makes me laugh everytime I visit.  But then I'm often easily amused.

I had a great time although it wasn't quite as warm as I was hoping.  I was thinking it would be run around outside in shorts and a T-shirt and it was more pants and long sleeve shirts.  But it was still sunny for the most part and there is always the food.  My parents are still going strong and we had several lively discussions as we tried to solve the major problems in the US, the world, current culture, and teenagers.  Now if only someone was around to listen and implement all of our great solutions.  We also enjoyed a visit to a new exhibit on Albuquerque's people, past, and present at the Albuquerque museum.  We have been going to visit the city for over 20 years so there aren't a lot of new museums to see, so it was nice to have a new exhibition to tour (same problems happens after about three or four visits to Milwaukee, see keep count of how many times you have come and expect some repeats).

I came home to cooler weather and a nice quiet weekend for Jo and I to kick back and watch way too much college basketball.  Fortunately one of our Alma mater's made it through the initial rounds of their tournament (Illinois was handily beaten in their first round NIT game) so we will get to spend another week in front of the TV routing for our team.

No comments:

Post a Comment