Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Starting Up Again

Turns out that I miss writing my blog.  I don't miss the writing so much, but more the discipline of thinking about my week and what I should be capturing in pictures.  Without doing the blog, I'm not taking as many pictures of the things that Jo and I have done.  So I'll be writing a bit more often.




We recently are back from a wonderful trip to New Hampshire to visit with Sheri and Bruno at their mountain retreat.  We spent a week eating great food (Sheri and Bruno make dining an experience - in the preparation, the presentation, and the taste), hiking the nearby White Mountains, and catching up on what we all have been doing while watching the stars come out at night.  We hiked five days, two which of consisted of hiking up to Mt. Washington (highest peak in the eastern part of the country), staying overnight with 90 of our closest friends at the Lake of the Clouds hut, and then hiking back down the next day.  We had great weather throughout as even Mt. Washington cooperated with sunny, warm temps.  We also squeezed in a day of zip lining at Bretton Woods and enjoyed attending some local theater (we saw Das Barbecu which is a hilarious rendition of Wagner's ring cycle set in Texas and performed by 5 actors playing over 40 roles - it is something to be experienced, once!).  Overall, we had a great week with two of our best friends and we were very sad to have to leave.




On the home front, our garden is cranking out vegetables faster than two people can eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment