Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Go Brewers

Northwestern Mutual is sponsoring a new spot in the Brewer's stadium this year, called the Legends Club.  This is an open area with food and table seating that holds around 100 people.  Jo is lucky enough to get tickets occasionally for this space to celebrate with her team - we don't get the whole space, a portion is available to anyone who wants to pay the ticket price into the club.  We had tickets this last weekend so got to check out the new digs.

Since it was a sunny day we decided to bike over to the game where we got to watch a thriller with the Brewer's down by six runs at one point before staging a exciting come from behind win.  The food in the club was excellent - we had made-to-order omelets (long gone is just enjoying a hot dog and soda at a baseball game) along with rhubarb bread pudding.  There are lots of seating options everything from a traditional seat to sitting at a bar or a table for four to watch the game.  Although you are fairly far down the third base line to see the action - you do get to enjoy made-to-order omelets.  Tough trade-off.  Also, since the seats are behind the start of the sausage race - I couldn't get a good photo to add to your ongoing collection.

After the game we had to bike back against gale force winds coming off cold Lake Michigan.  We were exhausted and chilled by the time we got home.  But we had an excellent workout and might have burned off about 1/4 of the calories we consumed with the bread pudding.

For my summer project I'm ripping off all the railings from our second floor deck.  The wood had rotted to the point that the railings didn't seem safe - I figured when you can poke you finger though the top railing and expose the nails holding it on to the post that it wasn't great.  Fortunately the posts are still in good shape but I did decide to strip them back to bare wood and then give them a good priming and painting just to make sure I made this as much work as possible (I need to somehow justify to Jo why I don't need to go to a paying job).  Naturally, the design of the deck is such that each space is unique so I'm having to construct the railings from scratch.  While I'm able to get most of this together, I still haven't completely figured out how to guarantee that each spindle is exactly straight up and down and evenly spaced from its neighbors.  I can get them close, but not perfect.  But then, I have eleven more railing units to practice on, so maybe by the end I'll be better.  If not, try not to look to close at the spacing when you visit.

1 comment: