Tuesday, May 2, 2017

It should be warmer in New Mexico

I hopped on a Southwest flight last week to visit the parents in New Mexico.  Fortunately, I was able to find seats without getting into any tussle with either the flight attendants, my fellow passengers, or the airline police (which isn't something everyone can claim these days).  After an uneventful flight that took me to Phoenix before Albuquerque (don't you just hate having to fly past the state you are eventfully going to be in - but that is the joy of hub and spoke flying), I arrived to beautiful blue, sunny skies - always a nice change from the somewhat grey Wisconsin days. 

I had a nice week with my folks enjoying the local Mexican food (although I didn't hit the margaritas like usual), the brown landscapes - but to be fair many of the plants were in their springtime blooms especially the cacti and yucci (or yucceses however you make that plural), expansive vistas, and chats with my parents.  I found the time for a couple of walks although it was a wee bit chillier than expected especially since I had packed only shorts to wear.  More amazing was had one full day of rain (which I have hardly ever experienced in my trips there over the last 20 years) with temperatures below what Milwaukee was experiencing that day.  I must admit, I come to New Mexico for warm temps!

All too soon it was time to say my goodbyes and brave the US air travel system again which did get me home - on time, with all my teeth, although a little stiff from the cramped seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment