Friday, November 17, 2017

Nature Happens Everywhere

After moving to a small plot of land surrounded by a metropolitan area we had thought our opportunities to see wildlife would be fairly limited.  We had this hawk sitting on the railing on our second floor deck yesterday, just calmly checking out the world.  Fortunately, the sun was shining on the glass so it didn't see me as I got close to take pictures from inside.   Very regal looking and pretty nasty talons on it.  My best guess is that it is a Cooper's Hawk - but bird identification isn't exactly my strong suit.

Add this to the ten turkeys that were feasting on the berries that grow on my neighbors ivy just two weeks ago and it has been quite the bird viewing month all without leaving the comfort of my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment