Monday, December 4, 2017

Is it Really December?

We are enjoying a particularly nice string of beautiful weather days.  The sun has been out and temperatures have been in the mid-50's which has made raking up some of the last leaves quite enjoyable (well as enjoyable as raking leaves three times a week can be).  I know the weather won't last, but it has been nice to get a little break before the cold starts to set in - which according to the weather reports is going to be tomorrow.  The  prediction is for a 30 degree change in temps between today and tomorrow.  But I do like having some cold just to get me in the holiday mood and to justify having hot chocolate at night (my theory, if you get cold enough you burn the extra calories from the hot chocolate just to stay warm thereby not gaining any weight).

For our weekend activities, we spent Friday night picking out our front door's Christmas wreath and then treating ourselves to a take out pizza.  It was a nice change of pace not having to make our own.  Then Saturday, after our morning exercising, we headed over to Madison for some shopping and then to watch the Badger basketball team implode against Ohio State.  We lost by over 30 points so not the most exciting game to watch as a Badger fan.  We then quickly piled into the car to get back home to watch our undefeated Badger football team become defeated in the Big Ten Championship - again by Ohio State.  So good day to be a Buckeye, not so much a Badger.  But we enjoyed the day trip and we were very successful in our shopping endeavors.

Sunday was another one of those sunny warm days which meant raking for me while Jo got in some additional shopping time for family (including me I'm told, so I hope I got something good!).  Then later in the day we dressed up for her work's annual holiday party which was held on the 32nd floor of their new office tower in downtown Milwaukee.  Great views over the city, although I didn't remember to get my phone out and capture any photos - sorry.  In lieu of a shot of downtown, I included a photo of a manager that Jo's dad built from twigs and spare lumber that came into our house earlier this year.  I did a little sanding, staining, and added a creche set from my childhood and if I say so myself, it looks pretty good.  Her dad was quite the craftsman.

No comments:

Post a Comment