Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A Quiet Week

Jo spent the week in Malaysia for work and my parents left on Wednesday so I had some time to relax and contemplate my next decade.  I would love to say that I came up with all the necessary plans and ideas for those ten years, but mostly I just landed up taking a nap.  That's what happens when I think too hard these days. 

Jo returned on Friday from her trip, healthy but very tired from her 24 hours flying home.  So we had a low key weekend.  Saturday morning after an early bike ride and quick trip to the gym we lazed around reading and Jo catching up on some backlogged sleep.  Sunday we decided to get in a long walk on the way to a local diner that we hadn't tried.  It was a beautiful day for a walk even if a little bit humid.  Later, I got to enjoy a roast beef dinner as a somewhat delayed birthday celebration and we topped it off with rhubarb cobbler, fresh from the garden (well the rhubarb was fresh, we haven't figured out as yet how to make cobblers grow in the garden) topped with homemade vanilla ice cream.  Great way to end the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment