Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Another Life Milestone

Or is that millstone.  Last Friday, I entered my next decade.  As with most decade transitions it feels pretty significant, especially since in this decade I qualify for Medicare and Social Security.  I got to celebrate the event with my parents as they flew out from New Mexico to welcome me into my sixties.  Just to maximize the enjoyment (?) of the day we decided to celebrate my birthday across the state and in style with a stop at one of my favorite Madison restaurants, Paisan's, for a Porta salad and then back home to Milwaukee for home made pepperoni pizza and a cupcake birthday cake.  It was a fun day even if were celebrating a challenging change.

While my folks were in town we toured Northwestern Mutual's new office tower and Jo's office.  We enjoyed the views over the city from the top of the tower, well most of us did as it turns out my Mom has a bit of vertigo.  The all glass outer walls were making her a bit queasy and there was no thought of taking in the views from the outside balcony.  Afterwards. we headed over to Madison to show off our condo renovations.  The rest of the time was spent taking it easy around the house - you know us old people need our rest - and enjoying a few of the museums/restaurants in Milwaukee.


No comments:

Post a Comment