Thursday, August 14, 2014

Brewers Game - Part 1

Jo's work team had a evening team event at the Brewers stadium/game.  Fortunately, not enough people signed up so I was able to tag along.  They had rented out one of the pavilions for a tailgate before the game where we could enjoy some cold beers (okay, I had a soda), brats, and desserts while I worked on remembering more of the names of people that are on Jo's team.  Getting harder both with changes on her team and my ever advancing age.  It is really embarrassing to introduce yourself to someone who says that we met before and I have absolutely no recollection of it.

After the tailgate, it was off to the game where we sat in left field to watch our home town Brewers win over of the SF Giants.  I also managed for the first time in my life attending a few baseball games a year to score a baseball.  Unfortunately, it wasn't one hit into the stands but rather tossed by the left fielder after warming up between innings.  Regardless, it still was labeled as an official baseball even if it was a bit scuffed. After getting the requisite photo with it, I gave it to the son of Jo's administrative assistant since I was sure he would enjoy it more than I would (reportedly he slept with it that night, so yeah he did enjoy it more). 

Great evening, free food, perfect cool temperatures, a free baseball, racing sausages, and our team won - what more can one ask for in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment