Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011


St Joseph - Patron Saint
of Home Sales
Wow a dual posting this week what a bonus.  I'm now onto my second week of retirement and so far, I've got to say it isn't too bad.  Beyond the guilt that is of having Jo off working while I kick back.  I spent the majority of the week increasing my exercising to try and lose a few of the winter pounds and going through the house getting things ready for the movers.  This mostly consisted of shredding 30+ years of various documents that at the time seemed like a great idea to save, but now we are wondering what were we thinking.  Although it did provide many memory moments - like when I found the check that I used to buy Jo's engagement ring or reserve our honeymoon.

As part of getting ready for the move we have decided to invoke the heavens in our attempt to sell the house.  So St. Joseph was buried in the backyard and is hopefully ready to help out however he can along with any of the other heavenly bodies he might want to bring to the cause.  On the exercise front, Jo had purchased the "Insanity" workout DVD's for me a couple of years ago and we had never gotten around to trying them out.  Well I started the workouts last week and let me just tell  you it is a killer.  Especially after doing my morning run just before.  If I could keep this up I will either be in great shape or a broken shell due to complete muscle collapse - let's hope for the former.

The weekend was a bit warmer although not always bright and sunny.  I spent a little time cleaning up outside picking up all the twigs and branches that came down through the many snowstorms.  Then Saturday night I headed over to Bruno and Sheri for a delicious Mexican meal along with rousing games of Bananagrams.  Sunday was spent in quiet contemplation (that's a nice way of saying taking a nap), reading, and a little computer gaming.  The one upside, no dreading Monday - yipee!!  Sorry to those still working.

No comments:

Post a Comment