Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 20, 2011

Well St. Patricks day is behind us and all the green coloring for fountains, rivers, and beer can be put away for another year.  Big news this week was, finally, some warm weather.  We actually managed to hit 60 on the thermometer here which is a nice break from the month's of cold, snowy weather we had this year.  In fact the photo collection for the week shows the last little bit of snow in the backyard, and the hopeful springing up of the daffodils - more photos of those to come I'm sure.  In case anyone is checking we have snow in the backyard since January!

I spent the week in my new pursuits of exercising, reading, and staying up on the NCAA March Madness.  It was nice to be able to watch the afternoon games on Thursday and Friday for once.  I'm still getting the hang of this not working program, but I must admit it is nice to not have to worry about the time or how long something might take.  I did enjoy lunch with our friends, Stuart and Tiffany, this week at a new Mexican restaurant on Thursday.  The food was good and it was nice to catch up on the happenings at Pfizer and their life's.  Saturday evening was dinner and a play - next to last one at the Granite Theater - with Sheri and Bruno and Gene and Kathy.  Dinner was great and the play was funny and well acted.  So a nice evening out although not as much fun as it could be with Jo not there to enjoy it with us. 

Today is an open house - still trying to sell this place, come on St. Joseph - during which I'm going to treat myself to lunch at a local diner with the real goal the milkshake I'm planning.  Figure I get a little reward for all that exercising.  Then home to take care of a few more items in the ongoing battle of getting the house ready for packing - which isn't that far away anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment